Thursday, April 25, 2024

Online Privacy and Digital footprint : Blog #11

 

Based on my digital footprint, If I were applying for a job today, the first thing my prospective employer would do is go online and find out as much as she or he could. Prospective employers would find that I go to high point university, I am in a sorority, i am in involved in high points dance team, and that I live in the charlotte area. When i googled myself this image showed up of me, wearing one of my dance team outfits. I think this is a great image to show that I am athletic, show spirit for my college, and I am committed to a group outside of academics. I am also very spread all over the internet, many instagram accounts such as my high school, dance studio from home, my hometown friends and college friends instagrams, my moms facebook, and sorority and athletic platforms. all of these accounts have multiple photos of me at events, holding awards, or a significant things like graduation, service opportunities, and involvement. 

I personally am very careful with what I post, who posts me, and how I interact on social media. In the past I have had friends who have gotten kicked off teams or suspended from school for posting threats or making hateful comments to other students or teachers. Being safe and honoring what should’ve private on social media is super important in my family, especially since i’m so involved.







Being at college away from home has made it hard for my parents to keep in touch with me because im so busy and it’s hard for them to tell how my day was just based on my voice. My mom is probably the person that I text and call the most, other than that my brother and my dad just send me funny or relatable tik-toks every now and then. The only downside to disconnecting is that if I take a nap, in practice, or in class, my mom usually has called or texted why i’m not responding or haven’t texted her back in awhile. Relying on technology like this could cause anxiety or panic attacks because assuming where someone really is or is really doing could raise overwhelming questions that can drain us. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Relationship With Technology & Technology's Relationship With Us : Blog #12

     I think my relationship with technology is not the healthiest because I am constantly on my phone, checking my notifications, and get a...